How to Remove a Side Mirror on a Jeep Cherokee
In this episode of Ask Tho you will learn how to quickly remove the drivers side door trim, unplug the mirror electrics and remove the side mirror.
Vehicle in this Video
2011 KK Jeep Cherokee
Tools you will need for this Job
- 10mm Socket
- Phillips Head screwdriver
- Small Flat (or Slotted) Head screwdriver
- Firstly use the small flat head screwdriver to pry up the electric mirror switch panel.
- Remove both of the plugs on the underside of the switch panel by pushing in the press-clip while sliding the plugs out one at a time.
- Use the small flat-head screwdriver again to slide behind the edge of the door handle panel till it clips out, then run your screw driver or fingers around the remainder of the door handle panel until the whole part comes away from the door.
- Remove the now exposed bolt in the door handle panel using your 10mm socket. Make sure you keep the bolt in a safe place for later use.
- Look at the bottom right of the drivers door for a small bun (round screw cover). Use your flat-head screwdriver to pry it out exposing the screw.
- Use your Phillips-head screwdriver to remove the screw.
- Using both hands lift each side of the internal door trim up until it clips away from the door.
- Next you will remove the electric mirror wiring. Follow the wires from the mirror down to the door, and using the push-clip function pull the cable plug from the door.
- If the wire is connected at other points on the door, pull it away (using some force if needed).
- Using your 10mm socket, remove the three nuts that are holding the side mirror to the door.
- Tip – When removing the last nut, hold the electrics wire so the mirror does not drop down.
- Reach around the other side of the door and pull the side mirror away from the door.
- Congratulations! Job complete.
- To replace the mirror or a replacement mirror, simply follow these instructions in reverse order.